For those who haven't read it, John Hilliard's article on the 603 (from May 1947 Audio Engineering);
courtesy hifi-museum
I looked up the (expired) Dia-cone trademark, first use in commerce was 11/28/46, first renewal 8/24/68
For those who haven't read it, John Hilliard's article on the 603 (from May 1947 Audio Engineering);
courtesy hifi-museum
Thanks bfish; I knew that Altec built speakers with aluminum center domes later on, but didn't realize that they had revived the Dia-cone name.
No, strictly speculation from the Lansing Minister of Information about Jim's involvement in the Dia-cones, but based on a decade of carefully studying his career. It would have been unlike him to directly copy another's work, but typical of him to carry his own work across company lines.
I came across this:
Loud-speaker with expanding horn unit
Not sure if it is relevant to this post.
Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.
Bookmarks